Mr. Newburger’s Corporate Office — Morning
The executive floor was calm and unusually quiet. Employees walked through the hallway carrying files, tablets, and steaming cups of coffee, completely unaware that a confrontation was only moments away.
Inside the spacious corner office, Bethany's ex sat comfortably in a black leather chair. He calmly looked around the luxurious office with a faint smile, believing he still had a chance to fix everything.
Suddenly, the office door slowly opened.
MR. NEWBURGER: "What are you doing here?"
Mr. Newburger froze the instant he recognized Bethany's ex. His expression transformed from surprise into burning anger. The atmosphere inside the room instantly became tense.
Bethany's ex slowly stood from the chair.
BETHANY'S EX: "Good morning, Mr. Newburger. I only came because I wanted to talk."
Mr. Newburger quietly placed his briefcase on the desk without taking his eyes off him. Neither man spoke for several seconds. The silence itself became intimidating.
The Furious Warning
MR. NEWBURGER: "You've got a lot of nerve walking into my office. I thought I made myself perfectly clear."
Bethany's ex carefully stepped forward.
BETHANY'S EX: "I'm not here to cause trouble. I just wanted a few minutes."
That sentence was enough.
Mr. Newburger suddenly stormed across the office. Before Bethany's ex could react, he grabbed him firmly by the collar. The chair behind him slid across the polished floor.
MR. NEWBURGER: "Listen to me very carefully. If I ever see you inside this office again... I won't let you walk away so easily!"
His grip tightened.
Employees outside the glass walls heard the shouting and quietly stopped walking. Some exchanged nervous looks while others watched silently, afraid to interrupt.
No Way Out
BETHANY'S EX: "Please... I came respectfully. I only wanted one conversation."
Mr. Newburger refused to loosen his grip.
MR. NEWBURGER: "You've already caused enough damage. You don't belong here. You don't belong anywhere near my family."
Those words echoed throughout the office.
Bethany's ex lowered his eyes before quietly answering.
BETHANY'S EX: "I never came here to disrespect you. I only wanted one chance to explain myself."
Mr. Newburger slowly shook his head.
MR. NEWBURGER: "Some chances disappear forever. You should have thought about that much earlier."
Outside, an employee quietly pulled the office blinds halfway down, hoping to stop everyone from staring.
It was already too late.
Backing Down
Bethany's ex slowly raised both hands without resisting.
BETHANY'S EX: "I'm leaving. I don't want any more problems."
Mr. Newburger stared directly into his eyes for several long seconds before finally releasing his collar.
Bethany's ex straightened his wrinkled shirt and quietly took a deep breath.
Neither man spoke.
The silence said everything.
Mr. Newburger pointed firmly toward the office door.
MR. NEWBURGER: "Leave... and don't come back."
Without another word, Bethany's ex nodded and slowly walked toward the exit.
Every employee in the hallway watched as he passed by with his head lowered.
The elevator doors opened.
He stepped inside.
Seconds later, the doors quietly closed.
After The Storm
Inside the office, Mr. Newburger walked toward the large window overlooking the city skyline.
He slowly exhaled, trying to calm the anger still burning inside him.
A gentle knock interrupted the silence.
ASSISTANT: "Sir... is everything alright?"
Without turning around, Mr. Newburger answered calmly.
MR. NEWBURGER: "Cancel my first meeting. I need a few minutes."
The assistant quietly nodded before closing the office door.
Mr. Newburger adjusted his suit, picked up his briefcase, and looked once more across the city.
His anger slowly turned into determination.
He knew one thing with absolute certainty.
He would do whatever it took to protect Bethany and his family from any more unnecessary drama.
Outside, employees slowly returned to work, still whispering about the confrontation they had just witnessed.
Inside the office, complete silence returned.
Some warnings only need to be given once.


0 Comments